Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water damaged my MacBook Air keyboard

Hi, I accidentally spilled half a glass of water on my Macbook air keyboard, instantly closed it, wiped it and flipped it upside down to dry. And took an appointment at an Apple store in 72 hours.

Is it wrecked? Or is there a change I could have saved it or is it reparable?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 7:12 PM

3 replies

Mar 22, 2021 2:50 AM in response to cath131

You may find some answers to your questions in this thread: Can water damage be fixed?

I had a situation when my husband left his MacBook in our bathroom and, after that, there was water under the screen (I just tried our new Whirlpool bathtub and condensation could get under the screen, probably). We found a thread I've mentioned above, and there was an answer "If the water fried anything and you have AppleCare you can probably send it in for repair. If you don't have Apple Care you can take it to an Apple repair site and they may be able to replace the bad components." Hopefully, we have an Apple Care, and our Mac was sent for repair very fast. You can read more about the process here: https://support.apple.com/repair.

Water damaged my MacBook Air keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.