Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchase iPad Pro 12.9 4th generation is a SIM card already inserted

I purchase iPad Pro 12.9 4th generation, do need to get a SIM card

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 7:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 9:58 AM

No. Cellular models of iPad Air4 do not include a physical SIM.

If you need to provision Cellular service for your iPad, you will need to contact your chosen Cellular provider - who with either supply a physical SIM, or enable service for the embedded SIM (eSIM) by way of a QR Code.

In certain areas, you can also sign-up to a Cellular plan online using AppleSIM - although it should be noted that AppleSIM is only available in limited areas from partner operators. AppleSIM is principally intended for short-term coverage whilst travelling; whilst convenience is its focus, it is comparitively expensive.

Set up cellular service on iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular models) - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2021 9:58 AM in response to jeane14

No. Cellular models of iPad Air4 do not include a physical SIM.

If you need to provision Cellular service for your iPad, you will need to contact your chosen Cellular provider - who with either supply a physical SIM, or enable service for the embedded SIM (eSIM) by way of a QR Code.

In certain areas, you can also sign-up to a Cellular plan online using AppleSIM - although it should be noted that AppleSIM is only available in limited areas from partner operators. AppleSIM is principally intended for short-term coverage whilst travelling; whilst convenience is its focus, it is comparitively expensive.

Set up cellular service on iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular models) - Apple Support

I purchase iPad Pro 12.9 4th generation is a SIM card already inserted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.