Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers

If I have a series of drop down Menus and I want to put in a button of some sort that if you click defaults all drop downs back to blank is that possible

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 11:52 PM

Hi Franchuk,

Badunit's suggestion, "Change one then copy/paste or drag-fill or use some other method to do the rest," assumes that the pop-up menu cells all contain the same list of menu items. If that is the case, setting one menu to 'blank', copying that cell, and filling it or pasting it into the others will do the job.

If the menu lists are different in each cell, you will need to set them individually. For that case, looking to the future, I would suggest you:

• Set all of the menus to 'blank,'

then working with each contiguous group of menus, Select and Copy the column containing those menus.

• Click on an empty space on 'this sheet' or a separate sheet, then Paste

Numbers will create a new, single column table containing copies of all the copied menus, each set to 'blank'.

For future resets:

• Select and copy the (first) set of 'reset' menu cells from the 'new' table.
  • Select the first cell of that set of 'used' menu cells and Paste
  • Repeat with the other sets as needed.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2021 11:52 PM in response to Badunit

Hi Franchuk,

Badunit's suggestion, "Change one then copy/paste or drag-fill or use some other method to do the rest," assumes that the pop-up menu cells all contain the same list of menu items. If that is the case, setting one menu to 'blank', copying that cell, and filling it or pasting it into the others will do the job.

If the menu lists are different in each cell, you will need to set them individually. For that case, looking to the future, I would suggest you:

• Set all of the menus to 'blank,'

then working with each contiguous group of menus, Select and Copy the column containing those menus.

• Click on an empty space on 'this sheet' or a separate sheet, then Paste

Numbers will create a new, single column table containing copies of all the copied menus, each set to 'blank'.

For future resets:

• Select and copy the (first) set of 'reset' menu cells from the 'new' table.
  • Select the first cell of that set of 'used' menu cells and Paste
  • Repeat with the other sets as needed.

Regards,

Barry

Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.