Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to swap my 13" MBP with Apple Care for a new one?

Hi!

So back in late November, I purchased an M1 MBP and it's been working somewhat well, although in a lot of cases I've been having a lot of problems. Mainly they are the computer freezing up randomly for anywhere between 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Then there has been a myriad of Bluetooth problems that randomly disconnect everything paired to it. Lastly, it regularly beachball's and I'm not sure what's causing that. I've been in contact with apple support for some of these issues, however, despite the advice they've given me, none of these problems have been fixed permanently. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this, I hope the rest of it goes well. :)

MacBook

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 10:37 AM

FWIW. AppleCare+ is basically a two-year extension to the Apple Limited Warranty. In addition, it does cover certain repairs at a reduced cost. Think of it similar to an extended vehicle warranty.

Outside the "14-days of purchase" window, you can no longer return your Mac for either a replacement or a refund. Again, if it is determined to be a manufacturing defect, you potentially can get a replacement for free, but it will be based on what the Apple Technician determines. Otherwise, there will always be some cost involved.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2021 10:37 AM in response to Michael-Scarn

FWIW. AppleCare+ is basically a two-year extension to the Apple Limited Warranty. In addition, it does cover certain repairs at a reduced cost. Think of it similar to an extended vehicle warranty.

Outside the "14-days of purchase" window, you can no longer return your Mac for either a replacement or a refund. Again, if it is determined to be a manufacturing defect, you potentially can get a replacement for free, but it will be based on what the Apple Technician determines. Otherwise, there will always be some cost involved.

Is there a way to swap my 13" MBP with Apple Care for a new one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.