Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reseting iPad2

I would like to clear-out/erase my information on an older iPad to give to someone else. I already have another iPad that has retained most of its contents (contacts etc.). Both are linked to an iPhone and iCloud.

Am I correct- if I start erasing items individually from apps, photos, contacts, that I will lose them in the cloud but if I reset the device I will not lose photos and information?

Thanks.

iPad 2

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 1:14 PM

yes, this article answers my question, thank you:

"You shouldn't manually delete your contacts, calendars, reminders, documents, photos, or any other iCloud information while you're signed in to iCloud with your Apple ID. This would delete your content from the iCloud servers and any of your devices signed into iCloud."

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2021 1:14 PM in response to Blue Gatto

yes, this article answers my question, thank you:

"You shouldn't manually delete your contacts, calendars, reminders, documents, photos, or any other iCloud information while you're signed in to iCloud with your Apple ID. This would delete your content from the iCloud servers and any of your devices signed into iCloud."

Mar 21, 2021 1:41 PM in response to Blue Gatto

Hi Blue Gatto,

It sounds like you're going to give your iPad to someone else and would like to know what to do beforehand.. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities, and we can provide some assistance.

Let's follow all of the advice in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The recommendations in that link provide the best and most complete information for how you should go about getting your device ready to transfer to another person.

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

reseting iPad2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.