Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changed Apple ID email, photos now missing

Hello :)

Earlier today, I switched the email I’m using for Apple ID. I didn’t create a whole new account, just switched the email. It still showed the old email so I signed out and signed back in, which fixed that problem. However, I then went to my photos app and realized that tens of thousands of my photos were missing. It’s definitely not a storage problem on my iphone or iCloud, as I have 256GB and 2TB. I went to check my iCloud account online, and all the photos missing from my phone are luckily still in my iCloud account. How can I get those photos back onto my phone? Will my hidden photos be salvaged too? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 1:48 PM

Hello brynnadaisy and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty with iCloud photos after changing your Apple ID.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

Try this:

1) Go to Settings > Photos and toggle off iCloud Photos

2) Reboot the iPhone

3) Re-enable iCloud Photos

Keep in mind that this will not be an immediate process. The iPhone will need to be locked and connected to both power and Wi-Fi in order for the initial sync to complete.

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2021 1:48 PM in response to brynnadaisy

Hello brynnadaisy and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty with iCloud photos after changing your Apple ID.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

Try this:

1) Go to Settings > Photos and toggle off iCloud Photos

2) Reboot the iPhone

3) Re-enable iCloud Photos

Keep in mind that this will not be an immediate process. The iPhone will need to be locked and connected to both power and Wi-Fi in order for the initial sync to complete.

Cheers.

Changed Apple ID email, photos now missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.