Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photos are no where to be found!

Hello,

I am very disappointed, as I just realized I am missing a very large portion of photos from my camera roll. Years worth of memories. Two nights ago I changed my Apple ID email because I couldn’t remember my password to my old one and I was trying to join Apple Music so I needed to be able to log in. When I Google what to do in my situation, it says to log back into the old account and click “download originals” and then they should be on the new email. But, I can’t do that because I don’t have my old password. I’m so upset. I pay monthly for iCloud storage and I don’t understand how this could have happened. I also don’t have any other Apple devices so I can’t check to see if they are on anything else. Please help me:(

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 7:49 PM

With iCloud Photos or iCloud photo stream photos or iCloud backups, those are associated with an Apple ID.

For recovering access to an Apple ID:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Backups are one of the very few ways to indicate that data has value. Either backups to iCloud or to a local Mac or Windows computer. Data without backups is one mistake or one theft or one dunk away from loss.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2022 7:49 PM in response to EllaR00

With iCloud Photos or iCloud photo stream photos or iCloud backups, those are associated with an Apple ID.

For recovering access to an Apple ID:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Backups are one of the very few ways to indicate that data has value. Either backups to iCloud or to a local Mac or Windows computer. Data without backups is one mistake or one theft or one dunk away from loss.

My photos are no where to be found!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.