Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Track Header Components

I am trying to view the "Freeze" Icon on the channel strips. I have right-clicked (Ctrl Clicked) the tracks and selected "Freeze." The track gets a bit longer - about an icon's size - but the "Freeze" icon does not display. "Input Monitoring" also does not appear. I've scanned the net for answers.

Yes, I have stretched out the track and even widened it, but the icons do not appear. This seems to be a recent problem since I have used the "Freeze" option many times.

Do you have any answers?

Thank you

iMac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 2:13 PM

6 replies

Mar 20, 2021 3:32 PM in response to Brea Tarcat

Are you sure you didn't have an External MIDI Track selected because those don't have the Freeze functionality and, therefore, no Freeze Button on the Track Header.

Also, did you disable the Show Advanced Tools checked in the Advanced Preferences, maybe?

Hope that helps,

Edgar R. (as in my "UserName")

Author of the best-selling book series "Graphically Enhanced Manuals" (endorsed by Apple)

Mar 21, 2021 8:41 AM in response to EddieGrey

Wow. Thanks for the quick reply (and thanks to EdgarRothermich as well).

Yes, I was using multi-track software instruments not native to Logic (Kontakt and East-West Play). I see that the "Freeze" button appears on the Logic instruments but not on the Kontakt and East-West instruments. Thank you for your help. I guess the best way to reduce system load is to bounce the tracks. Thanks again, Logic Wizards!

Mar 20, 2021 3:30 PM in response to Brea Tarcat

Hi there,

Can you confirm that you are in fact using a software instrument track and not an External Midi track?

Does your channel strip look like the one on the screenshot below by chance? If it does, then you will not be able to access those features. The first channel strip is a software instrument track (which allows for the features you have mentioned) and the one in red is an External Midi track.

Eddie G.

[Edited by Moderator]

Mar 20, 2021 4:01 PM in response to EddieGrey

chameleon8 wrote:

Hail to the Almighty Edgar Rothermich!!!

Everything I know about Logic Pro I know because of you. Looking forward to learning more from you.
Still learning the etiquette around here so thank you for showing me the ropes.

Eddie G.

Hey Eddie Grey, good to see you around here. Great Logic power user hanging out here providing valuable information and no matter how much you know, you always learn something new. I learn new stuff here all the time.

Edgar R.........

[Not Edited by Moderator, yet]

Track Header Components

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.