Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgetting Apple ID password

Hello

How are you?

I forgot the Apple ID password, and I requested a password reset, and they said that I had to wait a whole day for the reset message to come, but it did not come to me and I did that more than once and it did not reach me, so what is the solution?

iPad mini 3, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 3:24 PM

Sounds like you’ve started account recovery. If you cannot change your password from one of your Apple devices using the same Apple ID here is some very useful info to know about account recovery.

Account recovery is a two phase process once started. Phase 1 is the evaluation period, usually 24-48 hours but can be longer or shorter. Once phase 1 is done it enters phase 2 where iforgot.apple.com will give you the final amount of days (can be weeks) you’ll wait. On that final day you’ll get a text, follow that text immediately.

Do not continue to try and change your Apple ID, don’t try to sign into it, don’t update apps, don’t download or buy new content with the Apple Id until phase 2 has been completed or it thinks you remembered the password and stops account recovery.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2021 3:24 PM in response to sheikha77

Sounds like you’ve started account recovery. If you cannot change your password from one of your Apple devices using the same Apple ID here is some very useful info to know about account recovery.

Account recovery is a two phase process once started. Phase 1 is the evaluation period, usually 24-48 hours but can be longer or shorter. Once phase 1 is done it enters phase 2 where iforgot.apple.com will give you the final amount of days (can be weeks) you’ll wait. On that final day you’ll get a text, follow that text immediately.

Do not continue to try and change your Apple ID, don’t try to sign into it, don’t update apps, don’t download or buy new content with the Apple Id until phase 2 has been completed or it thinks you remembered the password and stops account recovery.

Mar 20, 2021 3:28 PM in response to sheikha77

sheikha77 Said:

"Forgetting Apple ID password Hello How are you? I forgot the Apple ID password, and I requested a password reset, and they said that I had to wait a whole day for the reset message to come, but it did not come to me and I did that more than once and it did not reach me, so what is the solution?"

-------

About Apple ID:

You are able to log In to these forums. So, the password would be no different than what you used to log into these forums with, if the same account.

Forgetting Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.