Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switched Macbooks- Migrated from Macbook 2017 to Macbook Air. Need to retrieve old data files present on Macbook Air

I migrated from Macbook 2017 to Macbook Air which was previously being used by a family member and they had some files on it. I transferred through migration assistant all my files from Macbook to Macbook Air but I chose to keep the existent files during the switch. Now I am unable to find where those old files on the Macbook Air being used by my family went. It is important that I can access those and send it to the Macbook 2017 so that they can use it from there. We basically switched our models.

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 12:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 8:08 AM

They should be in the user account that they set up. You should be logged into the account that migrated from the MacBook.

1 reply

Switched Macbooks- Migrated from Macbook 2017 to Macbook Air. Need to retrieve old data files present on Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.