Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick way of disabling screensaver IOS

Settings>General>Auto-Lock>Set Time is at least 4 taps (if on the same Home screen as Settings)

Is there any scripting App for settings like this for IOS? So a single tap on a Home screen icon does it.

I know it's too much to expect something useful from IOS - AKA Apple's 12 year old programmers programme - like putting this into the control center. I often use the iPad in a way I don't want it to go to sleep until I tell it too - I'm a musician so don't have a hand free to wake it - and it's a right pain to set this each time.

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 1:58 AM

4 replies

Mar 21, 2021 4:36 AM in response to Frédéric le Moustique

I have also been looking for a solution because I often need the screen to stay on. The mentioned shortcut is the best solution so far. Alternatively, you can set AutoLock to "Never" - also uses the Battery Save function in the control center, to switch between Never and the 30 second.

I do not know what they write on MacStories, I do not know it, but I use this feature on my iPhone with iOS 14.4.1. When I use the shortcut it opens directly in the Autolock menu so I can choose whether it should be Never or one of the other options.

Mar 21, 2021 2:11 AM in response to Frédéric le Moustique

Go to the Shortcut App, press "+" in the upper right corner, select "Add action" From here, search for the "URL" action and then select it. In the URL action, tap the text box and paste in this:

prefs:root=DISPLAY&path=AUTOLOCK

Then, from the actions list, search for and add the “Open URLs” action. Your shortcut is now ready.

Tap next and give it a name and an icon. Now you can choose to put the shortcut on your Home Screen. From the shortcuts details page, tap the three-dot menu button on your new shortcut in the top-right corner and select Add to Home Screen.

Now you have reduced the access to the Autolock menu from 4 to 1 tap.

Quick way of disabling screensaver IOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.