Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification Code is sent to the same computer I am trying to login!

Hi,

I have several Apple computers. On my iMac (only that), when I log in say to the discussion board. I sent a code to my iPhone as well as the same iMac to verify!

Isn't this a bug? If my iMac gets stolen, the person can verify it as the code is sent to the same device.

How can I fix this, please?

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 12:25 PM

Hi chikitin,

That is normal behavior.

The code is only sent to other devices when you are singing into a device for the first time.

Also, this security measure is put in place to prevent people from across the world gaining access to your Apple ID. If someone across the world knows your Apple ID and password, and they attempt to login, they can't, since you're across the world with the only one with the Apple ID code.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Cheers,

Jack

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2021 12:25 PM in response to chikitin

Hi chikitin,

That is normal behavior.

The code is only sent to other devices when you are singing into a device for the first time.

Also, this security measure is put in place to prevent people from across the world gaining access to your Apple ID. If someone across the world knows your Apple ID and password, and they attempt to login, they can't, since you're across the world with the only one with the Apple ID code.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Cheers,

Jack

Verification Code is sent to the same computer I am trying to login!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.