Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers 6.1 problems

What is the maximum length of a Numbers document?

I start having trouble after about 400-500 lines and it won't allow me to scroll all the way back to line 1. How can I retrieve those inaccessible entries?

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 10:52 AM

I suspect you have accidentally moved the table upwards, placing those unreachable rows outside the top boundary of the Sheet.

Select any cell to activate the table, then click and hold the circle at the intersection of the column and row reference headers and drag down to bring the table back onto the sheet.

Regards,

Barry

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2021 10:52 AM in response to 651p

I suspect you have accidentally moved the table upwards, placing those unreachable rows outside the top boundary of the Sheet.

Select any cell to activate the table, then click and hold the circle at the intersection of the column and row reference headers and drag down to bring the table back onto the sheet.

Regards,

Barry

Mar 24, 2021 10:38 PM in response to 651p

There's a limit to the size of a Table. For Numbers 6, the column limit for a Table is 255 and rows top out around 63000, but you'll find Numbers response dreadfully s-l-o-o-o-w long before reaching these limits.

Current versions can have 1000 columns and i000000 rows in a table, if (my)memory serves.

I don't know that Apple has ever stated a size limit for a sreadsheet (ie. the whole document).

Regards,

Barry

Numbers 6.1 problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.