Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't update my OS from Mojave to Catalina or Big Sur - because my Quickbooks 2016 will not work

I can't back up my iPhone 8 to my iMac anymore - only to iCloud. Why didn't Apple correct this in iTunes?

My last backup was 9/20. It's now 3/21. Intuit wants $300+ for updated software. I can't justify expense. Thanks for listening.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 8:11 AM

If the message is something like this then install the update. It is a software patch to iTunes to allow it to connect to your device running a newer version of iOS.

It isn't going to upgrade Mojave.

tt2

4 replies

Mar 23, 2021 5:12 AM in response to Redlinny

Not upgrading your computer because you rely on software that it is uneconomic to upgrade makes sense. Depending on how often you need to use that software you might consider partitioning your drive so you can boot into an alternative OS. I have my late 2012 Mac mini set up so I can choose between High Sierra, Mojave, and Catalina.

What can't you backup your iPhone to your Mac? Is there an error message when you try? Ideally you would backup to both computer and iCloud so that if there is a problem restoring one of the backups you have a fallback position.

tt2

I can't update my OS from Mojave to Catalina or Big Sur - because my Quickbooks 2016 will not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.