Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot create new Apple ID with deleted Apple ID's email

Good day,

Last month, (19th February) I deleted my Apple ID so that I can have a clean start.

However, trying to create a new Apple ID with the email I used for my now deleted account results in an "Email is not available" error.

Trying to sign in using that email address gives me an Apple ID Not Found error.

Does anyone know what is going on here?

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 12:57 PM

WilliamPyke Said:

"Cannot create new Apple ID: with deleted Apple ID's email. Good day, Last month, (19th February) I deleted my Apple ID so that I can have a clean start. However, trying to create a new Apple ID with the email I used for my now deleted account results in an "Email is not available" error. Trying to sign in using that email address gives me an Apple ID Not Found error. Does anyone know what is going on here?"

-------

Why the Error?:

Having closed your account, you cannot create one with the same eMail Address. It's all due to Security & Privacy, on Apple's part.

What to Do:

What you need to do is create a new eMail Account (or use a different eMail Address that you have never used with Apple). and use that one for your Apple ID. Once again, it's all due to Security & Privacy, on Apple's part (something would agree to when signing up for an Apple Account).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2021 12:57 PM in response to WilliamPyke

WilliamPyke Said:

"Cannot create new Apple ID: with deleted Apple ID's email. Good day, Last month, (19th February) I deleted my Apple ID so that I can have a clean start. However, trying to create a new Apple ID with the email I used for my now deleted account results in an "Email is not available" error. Trying to sign in using that email address gives me an Apple ID Not Found error. Does anyone know what is going on here?"

-------

Why the Error?:

Having closed your account, you cannot create one with the same eMail Address. It's all due to Security & Privacy, on Apple's part.

What to Do:

What you need to do is create a new eMail Account (or use a different eMail Address that you have never used with Apple). and use that one for your Apple ID. Once again, it's all due to Security & Privacy, on Apple's part (something would agree to when signing up for an Apple Account).

Cannot create new Apple ID with deleted Apple ID's email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.