Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create appleid not working with previous email address

Some months ago I removed an Apple ID with a specific email address.

Now I want to create a new Apple ID, but it keeps giving error:  This email address is not available. Choose a different address.

When I try to login with this email address I get an error that the Apple ID not exists....

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 8:27 AM

By removed, do you mean you deleted the Apple ID? There have been posts by people who have contacted Apple Support and they were told that if you delete an ID associated with an email address, you can never reuse the email address for an Apple ID.  

2 replies

Dec 19, 2021 8:30 AM in response to Eric Root

OMG! You're kidding?

The main problem is that I want to create (on my icloud account) a custom domain. And associate my wives email address on that.

But that emailaddress was used in the past as apple id. Now adding that email address for the custom domain gives the error that there is already another apple id associated to that email address.

That's why I removed that apple id...

But now I want to create a new apple id with that email address so I can create the custom domain on that icloud account...

But that seems to be impossible as well!!! :(

Create appleid not working with previous email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.