Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop Photos from cropping all my photos in a slideshow?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 12:31 AM

When you use the Classic theme, click the options on the sidebar. There is an option to "Scale the photos to fit the screen". If you enable this, the photos will be scaled to fit on the screen without cropping.

The more elaborate themes are useless, if our photos have not been hand-picked to fit the elongated frames of the fancy templates. Photos is using a fixed sequence of templates, and we have to provide the photos in an aspect ratio, that will work with these templates.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2021 12:31 AM in response to Mr. Floyd

When you use the Classic theme, click the options on the sidebar. There is an option to "Scale the photos to fit the screen". If you enable this, the photos will be scaled to fit on the screen without cropping.

The more elaborate themes are useless, if our photos have not been hand-picked to fit the elongated frames of the fancy templates. Photos is using a fixed sequence of templates, and we have to provide the photos in an aspect ratio, that will work with these templates.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.