Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac mini and IMac 21.5 mid 2011

Hi

I want to connect my mac mini 2018 with IMac 21.5 (mid 2011 macOS High Sierra 10.13.6). I want to use IMac 21.5 as Display Target Mode. I have an adapter from USB-C to thunderbolt and a thunderbolt cable connected between two macs. Now I'd like to know:

1. I have to use thunderbolt cable type 1 or type 2?
  2. Can I update mac mini to ultimate version of macOS Big Sur?

Thank you!

Mac mini, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 5:09 AM

I believe 10.15.7 was the ultimate version.

To downgrade:

Personally, I'm going to vote 'Not worth the effort. Stick with standard external monitors)', but your choice.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2021 5:09 AM in response to dario1981

I believe 10.15.7 was the ultimate version.

To downgrade:

Personally, I'm going to vote 'Not worth the effort. Stick with standard external monitors)', but your choice.

Mar 22, 2021 10:37 AM in response to dario1981

Hello dario1981.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you need help with using Target Disk Mode for your Mac mini and iMac. We will be glad to assist.

Please see the following article for the proper steps to place your Mac into Target Disk Mode:

Transfer files between two Mac computers using target disk mode

Check out this resource for help with upgrading your Mac mini to the latest version of macOS Big Sur:

How to upgrade to macOS Big Sur

Cheers.

mac mini and IMac 21.5 mid 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.