Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Birthdays in calendar - contact removed

I have a birthday reminder I don’t wish to see. As well as removing that person’s birthday, I then deleted the contact.

however after a couple of years, new phone, many restarts etc, that birthday reminder remains.

any ideas please?

Tony.

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 2:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 5:09 AM

Thank you for your response. It is in my contacts birthdays. But as I said, I have deleted the contact.

I turned off the contacts birthdays. The entry goes, but if I then turn contact calendar birthdays back on it re-appears, despite the removal of the contact entry some time ago.

You have helped me, I found this was in a Gmail contact list which I had ticked, the entry was in Gmail back up of my contacts [which I probably do not need these days as icloud backup seems very reliable]

Thank you.

Tony

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2021 5:09 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for your response. It is in my contacts birthdays. But as I said, I have deleted the contact.

I turned off the contacts birthdays. The entry goes, but if I then turn contact calendar birthdays back on it re-appears, despite the removal of the contact entry some time ago.

You have helped me, I found this was in a Gmail contact list which I had ticked, the entry was in Gmail back up of my contacts [which I probably do not need these days as icloud backup seems very reliable]

Thank you.

Tony

Birthdays in calendar - contact removed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.