Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Birthday showing in calendar but not entered on a contact

Hi:

A birthday event shows up in my calendar and I can't get rid of it.

The birthday isn't entered on the contacts card - I've looked on all of my devices but the date isn't recorded anywhere. This is a legitimate contact name and birth date that I must have entered at some point and later deleted.

I've tried deleting the contact and the birthday still shows in calendar.

When tap on the event in calendar, I can't delete it, but I think is shows that it is coming from contacts: On the event, beside the word Calendar is a green circle and the word Contacts.

Although my iPhone and iPad are synced, the event is only in my iPhone calendar.

Any ideas on how I can remove the event?

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 10:11 AM

Hi there debrasjrimmer,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We can understand the concern with not being able to delete this calendar event, and we're happy to help. Are you using a shared calendar? Is your calendar synced to an account like iCloud or Google? If so, are you able to log in to the website and access this calendar and delete the event? Get back to us with this info, and we can go from there if needed.

Best regards!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2021 10:11 AM in response to debrasjrimmer

Hi there debrasjrimmer,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We can understand the concern with not being able to delete this calendar event, and we're happy to help. Are you using a shared calendar? Is your calendar synced to an account like iCloud or Google? If so, are you able to log in to the website and access this calendar and delete the event? Get back to us with this info, and we can go from there if needed.

Best regards!

Nov 29, 2021 12:58 PM in response to judysings

Hi judysings,

It's not a shared calendar in that others use it, but it is synced to iCloud and Google accounts.

And, no, I couldn't delete (or see) the event in my iCloud or Google calendars.

But, what I did last night, was delete that persons contact from every address book, and restarted my phone, and put the contact back in. Nothing changed - the event was still there.

I just looked now and the event is gone - as if it were removed in some overnight batch processing.

Thanks for replying to my question :)

Birthday showing in calendar but not entered on a contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.