Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing incorrect birthday event from calendar when it doesn't appear in contacts

Hi

I have an incorrect birthdate showing up on my Apple Calendar that I can't delete or edit. What I mean is that on a particular day this person's birthday shows up as two events. On my calendar, it reads "XXX's 49th Birthday" and also "XXX's 50th birthday". The 50th is the correct one and the one that is connected to the birth date for that person in Contacts. When I click on the 49th birthday event and click "show in contacts", it takes me to that person's card in Contacts with the correct birth date. This is only happening on my Mac. On my iPhone calendar there is only the correct birthday event showing up.

I am not importing/subscribing to any calendar where the incorrect date could be imported from as far as I can tell (plus the second event should show up in my iPhone calendar too which it doesn't).

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Francois

2018 MBA MacOS 11.5.2

Iphone 11 Pro iOs 14.7.1

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 10:16 AM

Update:

I deleted the card from contacts and the birthday event is still in my calendar! When I click on the event and then click on "show in contacts", Contacts opens but the selected card is not connected to the event or the person.

Any suggestions? This is quite annoying.

Similar questions

6 replies

Aug 24, 2021 6:44 AM in response to francois241

Hello Francois,

We understand that there's a wayward birthday entry in your calendar that isn't correct. We'd recommend going back into that contact and remove the birthday. Refresh the calendar and the entries should go missing. Then, input the correct birthday and refresh calendar to see if just the correct entry shows.

Update contact information in Contacts on Mac

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

Removing incorrect birthday event from calendar when it doesn't appear in contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.