Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay not working

hi , I’m having trouble with Apple Pay not working, shows (Hold near reader) but doesn’t pay.

Device is a regular Iphone 7 running ios 13.7

it was working just fine a week ago .

the only two things changed before this is that I’ve changed the battery and added a new device to my icloud account.

and i’ve tried a lot of solutions on the internet with no luck

thank you for your help.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 9:53 AM

6 replies

Mar 23, 2021 8:43 AM in response to Dayish

Hello Dayish,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, Apple Pay is not working when your hold your phone near a reader when paying in a store. We're happy to help!

"What you need to use Apple Pay

About Apple Pay

Looks like your running iOS 13.7 and per the article above and in the section What you need to use Apple Pay is the latest version of iOS. We recommend updating the iOS on your phone.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Apr 19, 2021 8:53 PM in response to KiltedTim

I’ve changed the battery at an independent tech shop.

And I have updated the software to the latest at this time which is ios 14.4.2 with no luck of solving the issue.

After searching the internet , the problem might be with the ribbon cable for the NFC function on the top right corner of the front of the iphone 7 (4.7) that might have been torn.

Or the IC chip for the NFC.

I’m a little hesitant whether if i should repair it or leave it as it is.

I’ll be posting if i went ahead with this repair.

Apple Pay not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.