Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question: whatsapp not restoring backup from the icloud

hey i’ve just uninstalled my whatsapp for some reason ( although i did backup of my whatsapp and icloud both ) but upon reinstalling the app again i lost all of my media file ( but all the messages are successfully stored ) and the whatsapp app of an individual show that it has that much pictures, videos and files but it didn’t appear on touch. i’ve shared the picture too have a look and let me know how to resolve it. i’m using 11 pro max btw

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 10:27 AM

usama143 wrote:

hey i’ve just uninstalled my whatsapp for some reason ( although i did backup of my whatsapp and icloud both ) but upon reinstalling the app again i lost all of my media file ( but all the messages are successfully stored ) and the whatsapp app of an individual show that it has that much pictures, videos and files but it didn’t appear on touch. i’ve shared the picture too have a look and let me know how to resolve it. i’m using 11 pro max btw
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/a5ecea98-7be2-46b1-a184-424bcf840f41

Contact Whatsapp or look a their support site.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2021 10:27 AM in response to usama143

usama143 wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/a5ecea98-7be2-46b1-a184-424bcf840f41

Contact Whatsapp or look a their support site.

Apr 15, 2021 3:11 AM in response to usama143

I have the same problem but mine doesn’t restore anything (not recordings not videos and not photos) I tried to do what the (terrible) whatsapp support website says (turn off icloud drive -> log out icloud -> turn off and on again your iphone -> log in icloud and turn o icloud drive) and it only made it worse. Now it doesn’t even says I have a backup (last date of backup: never).

so as a tip - DON’T USE THE WHATSAPP SUPPORT SOLUTION

Did anyone else found a solution> (whatsapp support also didn’t helped, the just said they can’t do anything :|)

Question: whatsapp not restoring backup from the icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.