Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud lock

I got a iPhone off kijiji for 250$ and it’s icloud lock idk what to do or how should I contact the original person who had this phone so I can unlock it

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 11:22 AM

Sorry, there is no known way to bypass activation lock without the assistance of the original owner and Apple cannot help you contact that person. I'm not familiar with kijiji but you may want to contact them to see if they can help you contact the seller or if they have any buyer protection since the phone is essentially worthless.

Also see: How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2021 11:22 AM in response to sheib

Sorry, there is no known way to bypass activation lock without the assistance of the original owner and Apple cannot help you contact that person. I'm not familiar with kijiji but you may want to contact them to see if they can help you contact the seller or if they have any buyer protection since the phone is essentially worthless.

Also see: How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Icloud lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.