Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone numbers changed with contacts

Recently after traveling a huge chunk of my contacts were messed up. The phone numbers were all moved into a different format and I can’t update the contact when I try to fix it. Has anyone had this problem? For example the phone number should show up as (123) 456-7890 but is now showing up as 1234567890

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 3:19 PM

Is your device set to use correct region?

If yes, you could try to change it to a different region temporarily and back to the one it should be set to. Or remove your SIM Card then power on the iPhone, then power off to put the SIM back.

If any of above only fixes the issue for you temporarily, like it is back again suddenly, then contact your carrier for help/instructions how to change SIM Card’s Roaming settings so your SIM knows what region it should use the phone number formatting for rather than try to guess it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2021 3:19 PM in response to Needhelppleaese

Is your device set to use correct region?

If yes, you could try to change it to a different region temporarily and back to the one it should be set to. Or remove your SIM Card then power on the iPhone, then power off to put the SIM back.

If any of above only fixes the issue for you temporarily, like it is back again suddenly, then contact your carrier for help/instructions how to change SIM Card’s Roaming settings so your SIM knows what region it should use the phone number formatting for rather than try to guess it.

Phone numbers changed with contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.