📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Visual voicemail and dual sim on iPhone 12

Hi everyone, hope you all are well. I just set up dual sim on my iPhone 12. Both phone numbers are with At&T and I have set up each voicemail account by dialing in manually.

When I go to my visual voicemail and click greeting, I only see one account listed and not both even though it says “ To change your voicemail greeting first select an account.”

I have called and left voicemails on both numbers and am only notified of one of them.

I also have data roaming turned off on each line.

I’m hoping there is a fix! I will be really disappointed if I can’t see/be notified of either number’s voicemail.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Lisa

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 6:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 7:17 PM

I use DUAL SIMs as well. (One eSIM and One Physical SIM) just like you. I have been using this setup on the iPhone XS Max and now on the iPhone 12 Pro Max. I have not had the visual voicemail issues that you are having. I doubt that there is a fix coming because one is not needed, in my opinion.

The voicemail feature is provided and managed by the carrier. I have had visual voicemail issues twice in the past when I was using the single SIM setup with older iPhones. Each time the carrier was able to reset the voicemail on their end and I simply rebooted the iPhone at mine. That fixed things. The Dual SIM setup is no different when it comes to visual voicemail.

1. Reboot your iPhone by turning it completely OFF and then back on again. See whether that fixes things (You may have already tried this).
  2. Call your carrier and have them reset your voicemail on the line that is in question. Then set it up once more.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 22, 2021 7:17 PM in response to Lisa337

I use DUAL SIMs as well. (One eSIM and One Physical SIM) just like you. I have been using this setup on the iPhone XS Max and now on the iPhone 12 Pro Max. I have not had the visual voicemail issues that you are having. I doubt that there is a fix coming because one is not needed, in my opinion.

The voicemail feature is provided and managed by the carrier. I have had visual voicemail issues twice in the past when I was using the single SIM setup with older iPhones. Each time the carrier was able to reset the voicemail on their end and I simply rebooted the iPhone at mine. That fixed things. The Dual SIM setup is no different when it comes to visual voicemail.

1. Reboot your iPhone by turning it completely OFF and then back on again. See whether that fixes things (You may have already tried this).
  2. Call your carrier and have them reset your voicemail on the line that is in question. Then set it up once more.

Axel F.

Visual voicemail and dual sim on iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.