Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lines on iPad Pro screen

I have a faint vertical and horizontal line on my iPad Pro. I have determined from earlier posts that is probably software related since it happened after the last update. My question is what do I do get rid of them? Will there be a fix?

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 9:02 AM

A reliable method to confirm a screen or other hardware fault is to take a screenshot when the fault is evident - and then review the captured screenshot image...

When reviewed, if the lines are not present in the screenshot image, then you have demonstrated that you have a hardware fault that, sooner or later, may become sufficiently severe that repair or replacement of the iPad are the only options. If the lines are visible in the screenshot, the something other than hardware will be the cause.

Note: When reviewing the image, rotating the iPad screen orientation by 90°, from Portrait to Landscape, will ensure that the image does not coincide with screen defects if present.

Take a screenshot on your iPad – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2021 9:02 AM in response to Chartnell

A reliable method to confirm a screen or other hardware fault is to take a screenshot when the fault is evident - and then review the captured screenshot image...

When reviewed, if the lines are not present in the screenshot image, then you have demonstrated that you have a hardware fault that, sooner or later, may become sufficiently severe that repair or replacement of the iPad are the only options. If the lines are visible in the screenshot, the something other than hardware will be the cause.

Note: When reviewing the image, rotating the iPad screen orientation by 90°, from Portrait to Landscape, will ensure that the image does not coincide with screen defects if present.

Take a screenshot on your iPad – Apple Support

Lines on iPad Pro screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.