Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know why iPads don't work with CarPlay?

iPad mini 5 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 4:35 AM

Perhaps consider that iPad and iPhone have, to some degree, different features and capabilities - some being unique to the individual platform. iPhone and iPad are not necessarily interchangeable.

CarPlay is only one of the features that is exclusive to iOS for iPhone.

Apple do invite constructive feedback and comment via their product feedback pages:

Product Feedback - Apple

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2021 4:35 AM in response to aplfnby

Perhaps consider that iPad and iPhone have, to some degree, different features and capabilities - some being unique to the individual platform. iPhone and iPad are not necessarily interchangeable.

CarPlay is only one of the features that is exclusive to iOS for iPhone.

Apple do invite constructive feedback and comment via their product feedback pages:

Product Feedback - Apple

Mar 23, 2021 4:42 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thanks for the response. Apple wants to be everyone's platform, including in our cars. If they could put CarPlay in an iphone, they could put it in an ipad. The platforms are very similar. They chose not to. Why would they cede that market to Android? Do you have any guesses what their reasoning is? Maybe they want everyone to buy an iPhone too?

Mar 23, 2021 4:53 AM in response to aplfnby

iPad and iPhone are similar - but also functionally different in many areas.

Apple’s product development, positioning and strategy is known only to Apple. We cannot speculate as to Apple’s motives or intent; the Terms of Use that govern participation within these Support Communities disallow speculative comment.

If you have views that you wish to express to Apple, the product feedback pages (link already provided) are the most appropriate channel to voice your opinion.

Apr 27, 2021 1:08 PM in response to LotusPilot

Thank you for the link. I definitely let Apple Support know my displeasure with their choice to exclude aging people (with limited eyesight) from using iPad with their CarPlay systems to display maps along with the verbal directions. Currently, I only get verbal directions in connecting my iPad to CarPlay (via Bluetooth lightening connector) and must mount my iPad on my dash to see the map to anticipate turns, etc. Thank goodness Velcro works very well in holding my iPad in place.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.