Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch6

Can I sync on an iPhone on a separate account than the watch6 cellular number both on Verizon both using the same apple-id

Apple Watch

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 4:55 PM

It is an Apple Watch, not an iPhone watch 😀

• Phone calls on the Apple Watch will be from the iPhone eSIM account phone number. Your work phone number will NO longer ring on your Apple Watch.
  • SMS/MMS texting will be associated with the iPhone eSIM account phone number. SMS/MMS from your work number will NO longer show up on your Apple Watch.
  • The iPhone eSIM account will provide any LTE data to your Apple Watch. This would only apply when the Apple Watch is away from your home WiFi.

All other iPhone features are independent from the cellular number. That is to say calendar events, reminders, email, apps that issue alerts, iMessage messages, FaceTime, Walkie-Talkie, Weather alerts, etc... do not care about the phone number associated with the Apple Watch.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2021 4:55 PM in response to Tgoldmn

It is an Apple Watch, not an iPhone watch 😀

• Phone calls on the Apple Watch will be from the iPhone eSIM account phone number. Your work phone number will NO longer ring on your Apple Watch.
  • SMS/MMS texting will be associated with the iPhone eSIM account phone number. SMS/MMS from your work number will NO longer show up on your Apple Watch.
  • The iPhone eSIM account will provide any LTE data to your Apple Watch. This would only apply when the Apple Watch is away from your home WiFi.

All other iPhone features are independent from the cellular number. That is to say calendar events, reminders, email, apps that issue alerts, iMessage messages, FaceTime, Walkie-Talkie, Weather alerts, etc... do not care about the phone number associated with the Apple Watch.

Mar 23, 2021 4:35 PM in response to Tgoldmn

If your iPhone supposes a Dual SIM (physical SIM and eSIM), then you can get a 2nd fully paid account for the eSIM from any provider that supports the iPhone eSIM AND also supports the Apple Watch. You can then pair the Apple Watch to the 2nd iPhone account.

Use Dual SIM iPhone with Apple Watch cellular models

https://support.apple.com/guide/watch/use-apple-watch-with-dual-sim-iphone-apd641d0e7f1/watchos

Use Dual SIM with Apple Watch GPS + Cellular models

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209043

Mar 23, 2021 3:42 PM in response to Tgoldmn

I'not sure what you mean by "cellular iPhone watch"? Or by "sync my iPhone watch"? A cellular watch is paired to an iPhone. You can have multiple watches paired to a single iPhone but not the other way around. So, I don't believe you can do what you want (unless you want to constantly pair & unpair the watch with the two iPhones)? And I'm not sure even that will work depending on how Verizon sets up the cellular watch account. Good Luck.

Mar 23, 2021 4:30 PM in response to Tgoldmn

That cannot be done. The Apple Watch gets its number from your iPhone. You cannot activate cellular on a Watch from a business account on Verizon. It can only be done on your personal account. It would only receive notifications on the Watch from the account it is paired to, the iPhone that you activate it with, your personal one.

Mar 23, 2021 4:45 PM in response to javaliga

i have my personal iPhone watch paired to my business phone and I get notifications.

But, I just want to verify that if I activate the cellular by adding a personal mobile number I will no longer be able to paid to my business phone?

But can I get notifications from my business phone if I can only pair with my personal pho e once I activate cellular on my watch.

Apple watch6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.