Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro won't save phone number

I recently lost my original iphone 11 Pro and received my replacement. I put in the SIM card but when I try to add my phone number in the Settings>Phone> My Number and click Save, nothing happens. I also went to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive and my number is there with a blue check, but still, nothing.

I powered down and restarted my phone but still nothing. I removed and replaced the SIM card, and still, nothing. What can I do to fix this?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 11:13 AM

Hello phxbetty,

It sounds like you're unable to get your phone number activated and setup iMessage on your new iPhone 11 Pro. When changing devices, it may be required to contact your carrier and notify them of the change in order to properly get service activated on that device.

Once the account is configured correctly with your carrier, you can reattempt the activation of iMessage in Settings > Messages > Send & Receive if it doesn't occur automatically.

Review this link for steps if you're unable to remove or add the number for iMessage - Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime.

Also, here are steps to complete If you can't activate your iPhone.

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities forum.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2021 11:13 AM in response to phxbetty

Hello phxbetty,

It sounds like you're unable to get your phone number activated and setup iMessage on your new iPhone 11 Pro. When changing devices, it may be required to contact your carrier and notify them of the change in order to properly get service activated on that device.

Once the account is configured correctly with your carrier, you can reattempt the activation of iMessage in Settings > Messages > Send & Receive if it doesn't occur automatically.

Review this link for steps if you're unable to remove or add the number for iMessage - Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime.

Also, here are steps to complete If you can't activate your iPhone.

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities forum.

Take care!

iPhone 11 Pro won't save phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.