Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 12 Pro max drops service when I’m in an area with 5G service. I don’t have 5G where I live but I travel often to a 5G area. My phone drops 5-6 times a day and requires restart to get any cell service back. Anyone else have this problem?

My 12 Pro max drops cell service whenever I’m in a 5G area. I don’t have 5G where I live but travel often to a 5G area. I lose cell service 5-6 times a day and have to restart my phone to resume any service at all.

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 6:17 PM

Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Voice and Data

Either set it to LTE (since you don't have consistent 5g service where you are) or 5G Auto, so it will choose LTE when LTE is available or 5G when 5G is available.

Similar questions

1 reply

My 12 Pro max drops service when I’m in an area with 5G service. I don’t have 5G where I live but I travel often to a 5G area. My phone drops 5-6 times a day and requires restart to get any cell service back. Anyone else have this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.