Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone 14 Mobile Data Not Working - Network Issues

I recently bought an iPhone 14 pro. Randomly I lose the cellular data connection but it still displays as 4g connected. I can only access the internet after restarting my phone. I tried turning data/airplane mode on and off as well but didn’t work. This has happened to me 3 times in the course of 4 days since buying the phone.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 11:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 5:14 PM

i also have this issue where my phone randomly loses cellular data/it randomly stops working. It won’t work again until i restart my phone and this happens like several times throughout the day. super annoying

78 replies

Jan 23, 2023 10:57 PM in response to amjadh95

I returned my iPhone 14 Pro Max today. Issue occurred at least 5 times within the 2 week return window. It was randomly dropping the data connection to my cell service. Texts, calls, streaming music services all failed. Even though the cellular strength indicator showed 4-5 bars. From personal observation and while driving using CarPlay, this would happen when the 5G signal changed to LTE. The same would happen at the office. The only workaround I could find was power off/on. Have to admit, its a little dangerous to power off / on and iPhone while driving the freeways. I need my phone to meet basic requirements, such as calls and texts. Too many bugs for me. Because I'm not certain that this can be fixed in firmware I'll have to wait for the next iteration.

Also, the only response from Apple seems to be a single list of troubleshooting steps that have been regurgitated all over the internet. The troubleshooting steps don't work for almost everyone.

Jul 7, 2023 6:52 AM in response to amjadh95

My wife and I upgraded our iPhones to the 14 Pro and Pro Max models last November (T-Mobile), while at the same time our son upgraded his to a Google Pixel. We (iPhones) very soon started noticing connectivity issues (not our son) (message sending failures, dropped calls, inability to connect to the internet). We had always thought the problem was T-Mobile’s network but I’m now suspecting the iPhones as other family members with T-Mobile and Android phones (even right next to us) have no issues. Researching the internet is only reinforcing my observations. We have been contacting tech support (T-Mobile) and even visited Apple but no one seems to know (they say) any solution. I am now (and my wife especially) super frustrated. These phones are very expensive but apparently quality control is not up to expected levels. I am traveling out of state and we’re still having the same issues although, again, others using same network but not iPhones, are experiencing no issues at all! I need help!! I’m going to stop by T-Mobile AGAIN, to talk to someone and explain everything again for the 150th time. Unbelievably frustrating.

Jul 15, 2023 2:13 PM in response to Mhmcv-70

Hey!

I have the iPhone 14 Pro for 2 weeks now and am also having problems with connectivity (I am from Germany) Mostly while having bluetooth, mobile data and wifi automatically put on. When changing from a wifi environment to a non wifi environment it takes up to 5-6 minutes to connect to my mobile data. It's SO stupid and annoying. I came from android / an old and very cheap xiaomi (200 € 3,5 years ago) and never experienced such problem.

I am using the same physical sim.

Whenever I am in a wifi enviroment and take wifi off manually it connects INSTANTLY to my mobile data. No problem there - so I assume it has something to do with the automatic connection between those "networks".. when i leave my car with bluetooth connected, it often also disconnects from internet (mobile data , in this case).

So stupid. 1100€ and basic settings are not working. what a disappointment.

@Mhmcv-70: So, same problem here but no VPN installed. Most likely thats not the problem.

Did anyone receive help already?

Apr 4, 2023 3:51 AM in response to amjadh95

Got this message from my carrier today.

We wish to inform you that Apple Inc. (USA) has released a new iOS 16.4 version as a solution for the intermittent mobile data disconnection issues on certain devices of the iPhone 14 series worldwide. We recommend updating your software to the latest iOS version to ensure uninterrupted data connectivity on your iPhone. If you require further support, please reach out to Apple's support channels via Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support (LK) or Apple security updates - Apple Support

Dec 19, 2022 11:13 PM in response to amjadh95

Did you contact your Carrier? If not please do so.

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

1. Check your coverage area. Make sure that you're in an area with cellular network coverage. ... 
  2. Restart your iPhone or iPad. Restart your device. ... 
  3. Check for a Carrier Settings update. ... 
  4. Take out the SIM card. ... 
  5. Reset your Network Settings. ... 
  6. Update your iPhone or iPad. ... 
  7. Contact your carrier. ... 
  8. Get more help.

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad ...

Remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. ... Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn't loose. If you use a SIM tray from a different model iPhone, iPad, or from another phone manufacturer, it might not fit properly.

If you see 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad ...

Learn what to do if you see a SIM not supported alert.

To be able to use any SIM across the globe you must have "No SIM Restriction" against Network Provider Lock. Please refer to the pic below.

Apr 21, 2023 7:30 AM in response to ukangrydoc

The SIM (eSIM or physical SIM) is a entity and ID for user cellular account for user authentication and authorization and other user's profile like call, sms, data, etc.

My experience and steps taken to solve my problem:

1. Schedule a visit to Apple Store for HW and RF check. You might need to perform "erase install" your while at Apple Store, so be prepared to upgrade to the latest iOS version (e.g. 16.4.1) and perform backup to iCloud (or MacBook/PC).
  2. If you still have same problem, Contact your carrier, e.g. Verizon, to get support.

My case: I provided info (as that to Apple Store or Apple Support) and was asked for the IMEI and carrier bundle and was told to reboot the device and data profile will be pushed and re-inited.

After getting carrier's support to re-inited my (e)SUM data profile, I don't run into the same problem and I could not DUP this problem at places where I experienced the problem before.

Mar 28, 2023 9:56 PM in response to amjadh95

same thing happened to me... I also used a physical sim... I called my network provider then they informed me that its a issue from their end and they talking for a solution with apple, until they fix it they said that they will give 100GB from higher bandwith kinda thing then instructed me to restart the phone after the call... After restarting the phone the issue didn't occour to me.

Jul 7, 2023 9:53 AM in response to amjadh95

I am wondering if my problem is related to the fact that I have a VPN installed on my phone. I think my problems started happening after I got the VPN. It doesn’t matter that it is turned off. For the past couple weeks I have had no issues but then I went on a business trip where I had to use my VPN. When I got back home, I turned the VPN off, but I noticed that my connectivity issues started happening again. I was supposed to go pick up a new Sim card from my carrier but I have not had time to do so. I’ll let you guys know if a new Sim card will make a difference… Not that this will help anyone in the states since I believe you guys all have esims.

Mar 31, 2023 5:26 PM in response to sabah241

UPDATE (PROBLEM FIXED)

I went to my carrier store and got a new duplicate sim for my existing number, now i am not facing any issues. before that i had a visit to apple service center. As they checked, other sim was working fine so i got to know issue is with carrier. Maybe because of 5g sims coming recently and something with bands used in phone and i was using old sim that might have some old bands that could have removed from new phone. not sure but problem fixed

iPhone 14 Mobile Data Not Working - Network Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.