Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem loading photos to Facebook

Since the Azur update, I am unable to see pictures in my photo app to share on Facebook. Trying to load from the Facebook app buy selecting the photo.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 5:40 AM

On macOS 11.2 Big Sur you can only see photos in the Media Browser, if they are JPEGs or have been edited by an external editor that has created a JPEG preview. HEIC files or TIFFs and files in other image formats are no longer visible for other applications in the Media browser.

As a work-around, export the photos you want to upload from Photos with "File > Export" as JPEG files to the Desktop, then upload these JPEG copies from the Desktop to Facebook.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2021 5:40 AM in response to nashuagirl42

On macOS 11.2 Big Sur you can only see photos in the Media Browser, if they are JPEGs or have been edited by an external editor that has created a JPEG preview. HEIC files or TIFFs and files in other image formats are no longer visible for other applications in the Media browser.

As a work-around, export the photos you want to upload from Photos with "File > Export" as JPEG files to the Desktop, then upload these JPEG copies from the Desktop to Facebook.

Mar 28, 2021 3:20 AM in response to nashuagirl42

nashuagirl42 wrote:

Thank you,

It worked, but it worked better before the new software update. Other issues created by the new update is that my photos are all of of sort again. I spent hours sorting them by date and year and now I have to start over again......

Which system version have you been using previously?

The biggest recent changes have been introduces between the upgrade from macOS 10.14 to macOS 10.15. The changes between macOS 10.15 and macOS 11 Big Sur are not so dramatic. The sorting of your photos should essentially remained the same.

• The "Library" view with Years, Months, Days, All Photos is automatically sorted by the date the photos have been taken.
  • The "Imports" are sorted by the day the photos have been imported, the "Recents" by the date the photos have been used.
  • Any album you created yourself can automatically be sorted by the date is has been taken or the title (the handling of Titles has changed a bit), or manually.

How have you been sorting your photos?

Mar 28, 2021 2:40 AM in response to léonie

Thank you,

It worked, but it worked better before the new software update. Other issues created by the new update is that my photos are all of of sort again. I spent hours sorting them by date and year and now I have to start over again......

Another issue with the Big Sur is that when I open my Mac in the AM my documents will not open, so I have to re-start my Mac and then they will open. Is there a fix for this?

I am 78 years old, love my Mac but hate your software updates. I doubt I will do anymore updates in the future.

I do appreciate your help and will wait to hear from you. Thank you

Mar 28, 2021 2:55 AM in response to nashuagirl42

Hi Nashuagirl

Just so you know - we are not Apple here, just users like you. (This is a user to user support forum).

Where are your images from, and how did you sort your images by date. Normally sorting by date is done automatically based on the date the camera puts into the file.

If your pictures are not from a digital camera - eg you have scanned paper photos, or similar - then this date will not be in the file (or it will be set to the scan date). In this case, rather than manual drag/drop sorting (which can easily be re-arranged as you have found) you are much better to put the date into the file using the image>adujst date and time menu item. Then they will automatically sort by date.

Problem loading photos to Facebook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.