Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is the cover page that covers webpages?

Ever since Apple update 14.4 a cover page covers most of my websites and webpages I want to enter. I cannot see the actual website, or all it’s information. Example, comments and discussion are important to me, it blocks all that! And it seems like no one knows what I’m talking about, or have I seen anyone else say anything about this experience. It’s intrusive and obnoxious! I even wanted to go back to 13 the update before this new iPad update! I’ve resorted to signing in here even against my wanting to do so...given the reason Apple will have access to my data I.e. anyone know what I’m referring to on my question? I don’t know what to even call it except some cuss words & feelings of hate that come to mind. Www use to be fun, now it’s game on w/all the greedy lowlifes who feel they are more significant then the rest of us. Thx4 any help anyone can give me, sincerely 💕

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 7:52 AM

8 replies

Mar 24, 2021 8:25 AM in response to PRP_53

PSS-I know it’s not for security b/c it came down and covered apple security website. Almost everything I try to get into. I tried to send photos of it, but it won’t download. You got the actual webpage on search, then I screenshot the cover over page it gives me instead of the webpage itself.

Mar 24, 2021 8:31 AM in response to B4me2

I'm a little confused... The screen shots you posted are of a wikipedia page displayed in reader mode. That's intended to block out advertising and extraneous content to make it easier to read.

See the AA on the left of the address bar? Click it to exit reader mode and view the entire page.

You can right click in the address bar and click 'settings for this website' to control whether a given site automatically used reader mode if available.

Mar 24, 2021 8:31 AM in response to B4me2

The cover page I’m referring too. The top is the search page, the place I want to enter. And 2nd screenshot of what happens when I go to that searched webpage.👇 it’s not the intended website or page! It covers them! And I can’t see other things on the page, only what’s on this stupid page they cover up my intended places etc. understand now? 🤦‍♀️ it makes me want to use my older devices to avoid the new BS here.

Mar 24, 2021 7:59 AM in response to B4me2

Many Websites have Coded into the Sites an Overlay that instructs the actual information being sought - if I understand you correctly ? It is a pain in the . . and appears to be everywhere. There are different methods to lessen not eliminate this. It involves getting a good Ad Blocker via the Apple Apps Store or Apple Store for High Sierra.

what is the cover page that covers webpages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.