Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi I have tried to connect my bluetooth headphones to my new phone but they wont pick up?

I have used them on my previous iphone...That is off now....I have blue tooth on both the headphones and the new iphone XR on ane beside one another and it doesnt pick up....whats the problem here? I have tried all the suggestions on the site here.

Many thanks

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 8:28 AM

I do not know what headset you have. But you must remember that the headset must be put in "Pair Mode" before you can connect it to your phone. Find the headset's manufacturer's website and search for a guide on how to put your headset in Pair Mode.

If you are using AirPods, put both AirPods in the charging case and press and hold the button on the case until the LED lights up white. If they do not pop up on your phone themselves, go to Settings -> Bluetooth and look for your AirPods.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2021 8:28 AM in response to lollie241

I do not know what headset you have. But you must remember that the headset must be put in "Pair Mode" before you can connect it to your phone. Find the headset's manufacturer's website and search for a guide on how to put your headset in Pair Mode.

If you are using AirPods, put both AirPods in the charging case and press and hold the button on the case until the LED lights up white. If they do not pop up on your phone themselves, go to Settings -> Bluetooth and look for your AirPods.

Hi I have tried to connect my bluetooth headphones to my new phone but they wont pick up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.