Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This phone is not letting me download iOS 14

this phone is not letting me download iOS 14 phone stuck on iOS 10.5

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 9:12 AM

The iOS update system only ever offers an update if it detects your hardware is sufficient to support something newer than currently installed. If yours is running iOS 10.5 and the update setting says it is up to date, then it is telling you your device is too old to run anything newer. So nothing newer will ever be available for your device.

If you’re trying to download or update apps that require a newer version of iOS, they won’t be available for your device and you’d need to buy a newer device to use those apps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2021 9:12 AM in response to selim36

The iOS update system only ever offers an update if it detects your hardware is sufficient to support something newer than currently installed. If yours is running iOS 10.5 and the update setting says it is up to date, then it is telling you your device is too old to run anything newer. So nothing newer will ever be available for your device.

If you’re trying to download or update apps that require a newer version of iOS, they won’t be available for your device and you’d need to buy a newer device to use those apps.

This phone is not letting me download iOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.