Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why have all my apps moved to the Other folder?

The majority of my apps have randomly moved to the same folder named Other. They are no longer organised by what they are and I didn’t ask for this to happen

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 11:50 PM

This happens to me every couple weeks for the last several months. It just happened again so I thought I’d finally look into it. Everything was fine, my phone was locked. I unlocked it just now and all the downloaded apps are in the “Other” folder and all the stock apps are sorted into categories. I usually just ignore it for a few hours/days and it’ll go back to what it was. I don’t use a Home Screen as I like everything sorted and off the main screens.

I hope Apple fixes this soon.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2021 11:50 PM in response to Karenjc88

This happens to me every couple weeks for the last several months. It just happened again so I thought I’d finally look into it. Everything was fine, my phone was locked. I unlocked it just now and all the downloaded apps are in the “Other” folder and all the stock apps are sorted into categories. I usually just ignore it for a few hours/days and it’ll go back to what it was. I don’t use a Home Screen as I like everything sorted and off the main screens.

I hope Apple fixes this soon.

Why have all my apps moved to the Other folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.