Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari tabs

I have reached out to Apple support multiple times to no avail so I figured I’d try my luck with the community and see if anyone else has had this issue.

I recently purchased an iPad eighth generation coming from an iPad Air two which I still use for my kids. I also have an iPhone 11 Pro. I am somewhat savvy with iOS and troubleshooting but can’t seem to figure out the issue I am experiencing following setting up my new iPad.

In Safari i like the feature where I can hit the tabs button on the top right and see what other websites are open on my other devices. I cannot get that function to work on any of my devices anymore. Apple support was confused and clueless thinking I was trying to get the handoff feature to work but that is not the case, it is simply the tabs in Safari is not showing up across my devices. Does anyone have any remedies or have they had any experience with the same issue? I have literally tried everything, restarting all my devices, signing out of iCloud, and even resetting my iPad to factory settings and re-logging in.

iPad

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 10:31 AM

The ability to both see (i.e., list) and locally open Safari tabs that are “open” on either devices is an element of the Continuity features. Continuity/Handoff must be configured on all devices that are signed-in with the same AppleID - otherwise, this information will not be visible.

Use Handoff to continue tasks on your other devices – Apple Support

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple Watch – Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2021 10:31 AM in response to Stevewojo

The ability to both see (i.e., list) and locally open Safari tabs that are “open” on either devices is an element of the Continuity features. Continuity/Handoff must be configured on all devices that are signed-in with the same AppleID - otherwise, this information will not be visible.

Use Handoff to continue tasks on your other devices – Apple Support

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple Watch – Apple Support

Mar 24, 2021 10:57 AM in response to Stevewojo

Thank you for the reply and that is what the supervisor advised I do when I spoke with Apple support. Although that does not seem to fix the issue. I am trying to view the tabs or websites that are open on my iPhone when working from my iPad or vice versa. I attached photos to get a better idea of maybe what I’m trying to convey. In the second picture the red circled area is usually where the tabs from other devices would show up

Safari tabs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.