Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air M1 Big Sur 11.2.3 Screen recording sound distorted/robotic/crackling

Hello,

I've been having an issue for some time now and i can't find

any solution.

I am using Macbook Air M1 with BigSure 11.2.3 and i am recording my screen (with quicktime or OBS) video and audio (for audio i am using BlackHole 2ch).

After the video recording is complete i am noticing some audio distortion/crackling/robotic like and some other times the audio completely stops. Is anyone else having a similar issue (I have seen in other forums similar video/audio recording problems with M1). If so has anyone find a solution?

Thanks in Advance,

John

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 12:39 PM

Hello there Podikakos,

We understand you're having some issues recording your Mac's system audio while recording your screen. Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.  

To get started, does the same thing happen if you select a different audio input such as your Mac's external microphone instead? We understand this won't record your Mac's system audio in the same way, but we want to see if the you notice the same distortion or other audio artifacts with this method.

If everything plays back just fine using your Mac's external microphone, then you may need to try a different audio driver instead of BlackHole 2ch, or check if they offer any other kinds of support or troubleshooting for their software on their website: Help and Support

We hope this helps!

Take care.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2021 12:39 PM in response to Podikakos

Hello there Podikakos,

We understand you're having some issues recording your Mac's system audio while recording your screen. Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.  

To get started, does the same thing happen if you select a different audio input such as your Mac's external microphone instead? We understand this won't record your Mac's system audio in the same way, but we want to see if the you notice the same distortion or other audio artifacts with this method.

If everything plays back just fine using your Mac's external microphone, then you may need to try a different audio driver instead of BlackHole 2ch, or check if they offer any other kinds of support or troubleshooting for their software on their website: Help and Support

We hope this helps!

Take care.

Apr 15, 2021 9:10 AM in response to bouboukis

As it turns out, the problem was Blackhole itself.

I recorded with the mic and it didn't have any issues.

What solved my problem was trying a different virtual sound card.

SWB Audio Driver and i have no issue so far. It's not free it costs about 12$ per year.

Try to redownload the blackhole again it may have a newer version or try SWB.

Macbook Air M1 Big Sur 11.2.3 Screen recording sound distorted/robotic/crackling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.