Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes

What do you know about “disappearing” iTunes purchases? I have noticed several songs, and even complete albums are now missing from my library. No, I didn’t delete them. I can look up the missing items in the iTunes Store, and they all show that they were “purchased.” What do I do? I paid for those missing songs and albums.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 12:11 AM

ZakeMarklefish Said:

"iTunes: I’ll have to try and figure out how to do that. I’ve never used iTunes on any device other than this iPhone. Thanks."

-------

What to Do:

Just FYI - On nowadays Macs, the TV app is used for playing Movies and TV Shows, whereas the Music app is used for playing Music. So iTunes may not be on a Mac. But it would be on a Windows PC. You would need to Authorize the Mac or Windows PC. So, open TV or Music for this.

Go Here: Authorize or Deauthorize your Computer for iTunes Store Purchases - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2021 12:11 AM in response to ZekeMarklefish

ZakeMarklefish Said:

"iTunes: I’ll have to try and figure out how to do that. I’ve never used iTunes on any device other than this iPhone. Thanks."

-------

What to Do:

Just FYI - On nowadays Macs, the TV app is used for playing Movies and TV Shows, whereas the Music app is used for playing Music. So iTunes may not be on a Mac. But it would be on a Windows PC. You would need to Authorize the Mac or Windows PC. So, open TV or Music for this.

Go Here: Authorize or Deauthorize your Computer for iTunes Store Purchases - Apple Support

Mar 24, 2021 10:49 PM in response to ZekeMarklefish

ZakeMarklefish Said:

"iTunes: I’ve heard of that situation, but it’s not what’s going on in my case. All of the missing purchases are available for sale in the iTunes store.

———-

Try Another Device:

See if you are able to access these on another device.

Finding your Library:

1. Go To: Account menu
  2. Select: Purchases...
  3. View: if your purchases are seen

Mar 24, 2021 9:01 PM in response to ZekeMarklefish

ZakeMarklefish Said:

"iTunes: What do you know about ‘disappearing ‘ iTunes purchases?[...]

———-

Removed from iTunes Store, Perhaps?:

Sometimes, items are removed from the iTunes Store, and they never become accessible again. It all has to do with licensing between Apple and the Developer or Studio. Moreover, it is something you would have agreed to, upon purchasing the item. That's just the way it is :(

iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.