Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone doesn't receive messages with one person

Sometimes I don’t receive messages but it’s only with one person . I’ll be wondering why he didn’t respond whole time I’ll get the message two hours later & 15 minutes later but like I said it’s only with one person but they get my messages as soon as I send em . Why is this happening ? Is there a way to fix it ? Like what’s going on

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 11:27 PM

Hi, it is most likely down to network problems such as the amount of traffic on the network or network signal strength. Is your friend in a rural area? this can sometimes affect the signal. If the other person has an iPhone both of you try sending the text as an iMessage over WiFi instead of cellular data, this may help to determine if the problem is with the cellular network.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2021 11:27 PM in response to Brooooi

Hi, it is most likely down to network problems such as the amount of traffic on the network or network signal strength. Is your friend in a rural area? this can sometimes affect the signal. If the other person has an iPhone both of you try sending the text as an iMessage over WiFi instead of cellular data, this may help to determine if the problem is with the cellular network.

iPhone doesn't receive messages with one person

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.