Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBookPro Touch Bar (Responsive, but No Visuals)

So I have a MacBookPro, 13” with a Touch Bar. I have had it a few years (bought mid 2017).

Recently, my Touch Bar had been acting up. It still responds to touch (I can still raise/lower volume and screen brightness), but the visuals are only partially there. The right half of the bar is completely black. The left half of the bar is multi colored vertical lines and blinks erratically. If you look closely enough on this side you can sometimes see the “esc” button and some of the other buttons.

Has this happened to anyone else before? How can I fix this? I rather not spend 100s of dollars replacing the Touch Bar.

Below is a closeup of the issue:

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 12:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 12:59 AM

Looks like a hardware failure. What you are seeing is not normal and most likely cannot be fixed in a setting or anything that is replaceable by the end-user. You are going to have to take your MacBook Pro to an Apple-certified service center to have it looked at. This can either be an Apple Store and have the Genius Bar look at it, or a 3rd party certified service center and they will be able to take a look and tell you what it would cost for you to get that fixed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2021 12:59 AM in response to Hedge_Hog17

Looks like a hardware failure. What you are seeing is not normal and most likely cannot be fixed in a setting or anything that is replaceable by the end-user. You are going to have to take your MacBook Pro to an Apple-certified service center to have it looked at. This can either be an Apple Store and have the Genius Bar look at it, or a 3rd party certified service center and they will be able to take a look and tell you what it would cost for you to get that fixed.

MacBookPro Touch Bar (Responsive, but No Visuals)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.