Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 13' Touch bar

I got a MacBook Pro 13 inches 2020 model. The Touch Bar disappeared after a year but after updating it reappeared and was working properly. Again it disappeared and starting working after I updated to the latest software. Why does it keep repeating the cycle.

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 3:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 6:46 PM

kapish290 wrote:

I got a MacBook Pro 13 inches 2020 model. The Touch Bar disappeared after a year but after updating it reappeared and was working properly. Again it disappeared and starting working after I updated to the latest software. Why does it keep repeating the cycle.

That is a mystery...

on the M1/M2 Mac—

you can try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

On a Intel Mac—

Try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2023 6:46 PM in response to kapish290

kapish290 wrote:

That is a mystery...

on the M1/M2 Mac—

you can try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

On a Intel Mac—

Try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

MacBook Pro 13' Touch bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.