Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My podcast shows up in the app, but not on desktop

The question says it all.

I'm hosting a client's podcast through Buzzsprout. They are linked to Apple through their own Apple ID.

The podcast is scheduled to be released in the early hours of Thursday morning, in the hope that the RSS crawl will have happened so that it's available when people wake up.

However, for the past couple of weeks - which are the first two weeks of the new series of the podcast - the episode has appeared on the Apple Podcasts app, but NOT on the Desktop version - for at least another 24 hours.

What could be the possible reasons for this?

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 7:38 AM

The Apple Podcasts app on IOS appears to read the feed directly as does subscribing in the Desktop app. The Desktop's app's 'Browse' (equivalent to the iTunes Store) can take up to a couple of days to show a new episode, very occasionally more. From the information you've given me things sound about normal: you can't necessarily expect a new episode to show within 6 hours - it just depends on where you are in the checking cycle when you post.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2021 7:38 AM in response to Vimes72

The Apple Podcasts app on IOS appears to read the feed directly as does subscribing in the Desktop app. The Desktop's app's 'Browse' (equivalent to the iTunes Store) can take up to a couple of days to show a new episode, very occasionally more. From the information you've given me things sound about normal: you can't necessarily expect a new episode to show within 6 hours - it just depends on where you are in the checking cycle when you post.

My podcast shows up in the app, but not on desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.