Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't leave Switch Control

I have a huge problem. Today when I was using my iPhone I accidentally clicked the Power Button 3 times and I accidentally clicked Switch Control (I don't even know why it was there). So I got home and sat down and tried to find a way to deactivate it. First thing I found was a soft reset. So that's what I did. But as it turns out this didn't fix the problem and only made it worse. Now I couldn't tell Siri anything because my iPhone was locked (And I couldn't unlock it) And I have this stupid setting where it doesn't let me connect to my mac without unlocking my phone first. So yeah, I'm sitting here, not having any Switches configured, so I'm not able to control my display and I'm not able to connect to my mac AND I can't tell Siri to activate Assistive Touch. I really hope, there's a way to fix it because I'm getting tired of searching for an answer.

iPhone 11

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 1:18 AM

You mentioned that switch control is scanning through the options in the accessibility shortcut, and that tapping brings up the switch control menu. This sounds to me like you have Switch Control set up with auto-scanning on, and a full screen switch. This means, that switch control will move focus between items at a regular interval, and tapping anywhere on the screen will activate a switch.

Assuming this is correct, you should be able to turn off Switch Control using these steps.

1. Triple click the side button so that the accessibility shortcut comes up.
  2. Switch Control should now scan through the items in the list with a blue cursor. When the cursor lands on Switch Control, tap on the screen. This should bring up the switch control menu as you mentioned.
  3. Switch Control should now be scanning through the different rows in the menu. When the first row is highlighted (the one with the tap action), tap again on the screen.
  4. Switch Control should now be scanning through the items in the first row. When the focus is on the tap action, tap the screen one more time. This should send a tap to the button and turn off Switch Control for you.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2021 1:18 AM in response to florentine240

You mentioned that switch control is scanning through the options in the accessibility shortcut, and that tapping brings up the switch control menu. This sounds to me like you have Switch Control set up with auto-scanning on, and a full screen switch. This means, that switch control will move focus between items at a regular interval, and tapping anywhere on the screen will activate a switch.

Assuming this is correct, you should be able to turn off Switch Control using these steps.

1. Triple click the side button so that the accessibility shortcut comes up.
  2. Switch Control should now scan through the items in the list with a blue cursor. When the cursor lands on Switch Control, tap on the screen. This should bring up the switch control menu as you mentioned.
  3. Switch Control should now be scanning through the different rows in the menu. When the first row is highlighted (the one with the tap action), tap again on the screen.
  4. Switch Control should now be scanning through the items in the first row. When the focus is on the tap action, tap the screen one more time. This should send a tap to the button and turn off Switch Control for you.

Mar 25, 2021 11:41 AM in response to ak1956

I have an iPhone 11 so for me it's the side button, but yes I tried it. What pops up is the options I once configured for this 3-click shortcut:

Invert Colors

Assistive Touch

and Switch Control

But I can't click on any of them.

The switch control goes through them, with the blue border, but when clicking on them this weird switch control menu pops up but I can't click ANY of the options.

Can't leave Switch Control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.