Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally clicked NO on CarPlay on my new 2022 Toyota. Can the car dealer somehow reset the computer to forget my phone? Or do I have to buy a new phone to connect with my new car?

I accidentally clicked NO (to ask again and to use it) on CarPlay on my new 2022 Toyota. Can the car dealer somehow reset the computer to forget my phone, so it will give me another chance. Or do I have to buy a new phone to connect with my new car?

at the time I was busy trying to set up the display following the screens user manual and it gave no mention of CarPlay, I was just trying to get that message off the screen so I could complete the task at hand.

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 7:47 PM

fox 1953 Sadi:

"I accidentally clicked NO on CarPlay on my new 2022 Toyota. Can the car dealer somehow reset the computer to forget my phone? Or do I have to buy a new phone to connect with my new car?"

-------

Refer to the link, provided atop this post.

Unpair then Pair:

I would assume that it is a matter of unpairing the iPhone, and then pairing it it back. So, read the driver's manual for this. You might find a video of this on YouTube, as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2022 7:47 PM in response to Fox1953

fox 1953 Sadi:

"I accidentally clicked NO on CarPlay on my new 2022 Toyota. Can the car dealer somehow reset the computer to forget my phone? Or do I have to buy a new phone to connect with my new car?"

-------

Refer to the link, provided atop this post.

Unpair then Pair:

I would assume that it is a matter of unpairing the iPhone, and then pairing it it back. So, read the driver's manual for this. You might find a video of this on YouTube, as well.

I accidentally clicked NO on CarPlay on my new 2022 Toyota. Can the car dealer somehow reset the computer to forget my phone? Or do I have to buy a new phone to connect with my new car?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.