Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro on Mojave?

Hi friends,

I'm in the process of working on a video project, and I'd like to use this as an opportunity to start editing in FCP. However, my system is currently on Mojave (10.14.6) and I'm not keen to upgrade it yet (I'm primarily in music creation and in the middle of long term project with too many crucial plugins that I can't risk losing).

Whenever I try to purchase FCP, I'm told I need to upgrade my system to 10.15.6 or later, but surely there is a working version of FCP for 10.14.6, no?

Is there a way to install FCP on this computer, or am I just out of luck?

Thanks,

Joel

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 12:47 PM

You have to purchase the current version and then you can download an older version. Of you have a friend with a more recent OS who would let you purchase the application from the App Store using your Apple ID, you can then download it in Mojave. Alternatively you could download the Catalina installer and put it on an external SSD Boot into that drive, purchase the application, and return to Mojave to redownload it.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2021 12:47 PM in response to joelsquare

You have to purchase the current version and then you can download an older version. Of you have a friend with a more recent OS who would let you purchase the application from the App Store using your Apple ID, you can then download it in Mojave. Alternatively you could download the Catalina installer and put it on an external SSD Boot into that drive, purchase the application, and return to Mojave to redownload it.

Final Cut Pro on Mojave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.