Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Paragraphs

I use latest Pages version.

I use a Macbook 16

In a document of hundreds of pages, I have a few pages where the space between paragraphs is bigger that in the rest of the book. I didn't find a way to correct that

I want to have all the paragraphs to be equally distant

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 9:38 AM

The incremental adjustment in the Spacing Lines setting will advance or retreat at .1 pt with each click. So if your spacing is 1.5, it would take five downward clicks to set it back to 1. You can even select the current spacing value and directly input your specific desired spacing value as a decimal (e.g. 1.4).

I am using Pages v11 on macOS 11.2.3, and whether I select text, or just click somewhere in a specific paragraph, all lines of that particular paragraph have their spacing adjusted, and line spacing within a subsequent paragraph is not altered.

There is more discussion on line spacing in the Pages User Guide.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2021 9:38 AM in response to Emilio159

The incremental adjustment in the Spacing Lines setting will advance or retreat at .1 pt with each click. So if your spacing is 1.5, it would take five downward clicks to set it back to 1. You can even select the current spacing value and directly input your specific desired spacing value as a decimal (e.g. 1.4).

I am using Pages v11 on macOS 11.2.3, and whether I select text, or just click somewhere in a specific paragraph, all lines of that particular paragraph have their spacing adjusted, and line spacing within a subsequent paragraph is not altered.

There is more discussion on line spacing in the Pages User Guide.

Mar 26, 2021 9:11 AM in response to Emilio159

Apple Pages is version 11.0 (7030.0.94)

Computer is MacBook Pro 16 bought in 2019

Operating system: macOS Big Sur, version 11.2.3

As per your suggestion, I selected the paragraphs that have larger spacing among themselves, and then I went to spacing, that by default was 1.1 as it is for all the rest of the other hundreds of paragraphs.

I changed to 1.0 single, no results.

Odd enough, once i changed the value to 1.0, I couldn't restore the default because 1.1 is not present among the choices offered.

Please note that:

I have complete uniformity of style, including the odd paragraphs:

In fact for the Body, for the entire book i have:

• font: Time New Roman pt 12, Regular
  • alignment: "justify text"

Also note that the odd paragraphs with larger distance between themselves are showing that they are aligned as "justify".

Regards,

Emilio

Mar 25, 2021 12:42 PM in response to Emilio159

Always be explicit with the version of Pages that you are using from the Pages > About Pages panel. We have seen all variations on the term "latest" here over the years, and a specific version number is accurate and "latest" often is quite vague.

Select the paragraphs in question, and set the spacing as it would be for the rest of the book. Only the selected text will be affected by the spacing change.

Paragraphs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.