Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 6 gen, can't delete podcasts

viewing the list in iTunes, I can't delete podcasts I manually up loaded

won't delete from iTunes library so, I can't remove them from the iPod

oddly, more difficult to put them on the iPod than used to be

I did manage to remove some pod casts months ago, but the the listing for the podcast remains in the library

can't I remove those?

thank you

iPod Touch (6th Gen)

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 5:31 PM

My apologies, I was thinking about performing the clean up in your library and then syncing those changes to your device. See Manage your podcast subscriptions and library on iPod touch - Apple Support instead.

tt2

13 replies

Mar 26, 2021 4:04 PM in response to turingtest2

under view, I don't see a option for "classic"

not sure what view I have

found I can delete individual podcasts, I was trying to delete them by deleting the entire selection

but cannot delete the listing for the podcast.. the "title"?

in "myname" iPod Touch"... cannot remove the titles of every podcast... yes, used "delete" key, tried both methods

hope pics help explain, first shows, podcasts deleted but the title of the podcasts is still there

second pic, the view I have...

thank you

Mar 28, 2021 12:02 PM in response to turingtest2

I'm not subscribed to any of them... as far as I can tell, no download of subscription start when I am online with iTunes open iTunes online (( I may have removed the series I still have from the library, I wasted a lot of time trying to find out how to make them play in the proper sequence, they played in reverse, newest to oldest, so the list showing on my iPod, may mean they are stored there?)) but... I still want to know how to delete the titles from the library... but, they don't show in all library views, I've tried to show what I am seeing.....

Mar 28, 2021 5:41 PM in response to wednesdaytgw

The basic premise is backup device, restore device to factory settings, restore backup. That should remove any cruft that has got stuck in your iPod for reasons unknown. Before going that far perhaps there is a more targeted approach. On your iPod try Settings > General > iPod Storage > Podcasts > Edit and then remove any visible content listed.

tt2

Mar 29, 2021 9:20 PM in response to turingtest2

they don't appear in the iPod

it shows in iTunes, in the "on my device" "Podcasts" window

they are not seen as stored in iTunes without "on my device"

and don't show on my iPod

same theory, stuck in iTunes?

I can't be the only one with this problem

I discovered if I left click one of the names and try to move them a red oval that says 4294... appears for all of them

iPod Touch 6 gen, can't delete podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.