Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

qr code

My wife and I both have Iphone SE (1st gen) phones running the latest IOS 14.4.1. We are required to scan QR codes to enter restaurants etc for COVID tracking. Her phone scans correctly 100% of the time. Mine only about 30%. I’ve checked our settings are the same and they are. I’ve replaced my camera.

Any ideas what else to try ?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 9:50 PM

Check Settings > Camera.. is the switch turned on for Scan QR Codes?

If the Safari notification isn't showing when you scan a QR code, maybe you'll need to try the one in Control Center

Scan a QR code with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Scan a QR code with the iPhone camera - Apple Support

2 replies

Mar 25, 2021 10:11 PM in response to Chris0107

Scan QR code setting is correct on both phones. We generally use a State Government check in app to scan the codes. The app has access to the camera. My phone scans QR code at my golf club fine but at a restaurant today my wife’s phone worked straight away while mine sat dumbly there regardless of how I scanned the exact same code. My wife also tried my phone to make sure it wasn’t a “user error” but still no luck.

qr code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.